Friday, April 22, 2011

Paula Deen, Ya'll!

I am not a good cook.  I don't find it therapeutic, relaxing, or fun.  And how ironic that I married into a family that makes incredible meals, complete with festive table decorations.  Poor Murray went from gourmet meals to my burnt meatloafs.  This is why I try to find simple recipes...meaning if it has more than 6 ingredients or ingredients I've never heard of, it gets scratched!  However, when I come across a recipe that sounds simple, I always try it.  Which leads to the point of this post.  I channeled my inner Paula Deen and whipped up a banana pudding...a very simple banana pudding. 

Lila gives it two thumbs up!


So for all of you who burn water, here you go:

1 8-ounce carton sour cream
2 cups milk
1 12-ounce container of Cool Whip
4-6 medium bananas
1 12-ounce box Nilla wafers
2 small boces instant vanilla pudding
(I got all of these non-fat so it's healthier)

Whisk together the milk, pudding, sour cream, and 2/3 of the Cool Whip until completely mixed and starting to thicken.  In a rectangular dish, put one layer of the vanilla wafers and then one layer of sliced bananas.  Repeat layers and then add pudding mixture.  Top with the remaining 1/3 carton of the topping and wafers.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment