Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Anyone that knows me well, knows that I don't like change.  That may be an understatement.  Some may call it being inflexible...I like to call it stability.  However, there are some changes coming up in my life and, for once, I'm embracing them and allowing God to stretch me in this area. 

For starters, we are moving to Virginia.  It is for lovers, but I'm not sold that it's for me.  Murray's next job assignment is just outside Roanoke and he is already there.  Lila and I are joining him after I finish my last clinical in May.  We are renting an old farmhouse with acreage and cows.  I really think we could be a reality tv show...me. on a farm.  this should be special. 

That leads to the next big change.  I will finish grad school for Speech Pathology in August.  I will officially be done with classes/clinicals on May 27th, but I don't "walk" until August.  Glory, Hallelujah.  I will have a masters +30, but I'm not sure when I'll go back to work.  I'm really liking my early retirement.  I have thoroughly enjoyed being at home with my precious baby girl and I feel so lucky to have watched every milestone.  

Lastly, I have come to terms with the fact that I have a TODDLER.  She has literally changed overnight, as cliche as it sounds.  All you mothers can vouch for this.  I have posted her "monthly" pictures on facebook but haven't put them all together.  I figure there's no better representation of how life really does pass before your eyes:

















If you've scrolled down to the bottom of this, kuddos to you!  Embrace every moment of life because it goes by FAST!
       

3 comments:

  1. Feeling your "growing pains" in more ways than one... moving with a baby states away and watching them grow up way too fast. Quite a challenge. Praying for you during this bittersweet time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brandi! We'll both need those prayers, so sending some your way too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your blog post. Those pics really do prove how much babies grow and change in a short period of time!
    I think it's great that you're moving to Va. and into a farmhouse!!
    You guys will be missed!

    ReplyDelete